100% Locally Owned, Independent and Free

100% Locally Owned, Independent and Free

Bins4Blokes: public toilet changes for men on the Coast bring welcome relief

Do you have a news tip? Click here to send to our news team.

‘Unwavering dedication’: Coast educators earn national acclaim

Two Sunshine Coast teachers have been recognised as being among the country’s most outstanding educators. A passion for science and a love of inspiring young More

Photo of the day: coast watcher

Timothy Bell captured this majestic bird watching over Mudjimba Beach on a grey day. If you have a photo of the day offering, email photo@sunshinecoastnews.com.au More.

Chicken chain fires up new waterside eatery

A well-known chicken shop is about to open in the Sunshine Coast’s largest shopping centre. Nando’s will open at Sunshine Plaza on Tuesday, the brand’s More

Entire CBD block hits market with developers circling

A CBD site spanning 1.24 hectares spread across 20 lots is being offered for sale. The land parcel is bordered by First Avenue, Mayes Avenue, More

Two injured by projectiles thrown from bridge

Police are investigating a traffic incident in Buderim early this morning. Around 1am, police and emergency services responded to reports that two vehicles had been More

Your say: cafe closure, fireworks, road upgrades and more

Do you have an opinion to share? Submit a Letter to the Editor at Sunshine Coast News via news@sunshinecoastnews.com.au. You must include your name and More

An initiative to help men with incontinence is being rolled out across the Sunshine Coast.

Sunshine Coast Council has installed 102 male incontinence product disposal bins at public amenities locations across the region, in collaboration with the Continence Foundation.

Incontinence affects 1.34 million men and boys across Australia and there is often no place to throw out incontinence products.

Bins for hygiene products are considered a given in female amenities.

Councillor Winston Johnston said the initiative was a welcome step towards ensuring public facilities accommodated and provided adequate services for everyone.

“The Continence Foundation Bins4Blokes campaign is an Australia-wide awareness and advocacy campaign promoting the installation of incontinence product disposal bins in male public toilet facilities,” Cr Johnston said.

“There are many men who ride bikes, run and walk along our coastal pathway who may need assistance.

“Across the region, all public amenities have sanitary hygiene bin services.

“However these are not suitable for male incontinence pads and a specific bin type and additional service was required.

“We acknowledge the work of the Continence Foundation for bringing the BINS4Blokes campaign to our attention so that we can ensure we can provide these bins at all public amenity locations across the region in the future.”

To find out which public amenities are serviced by this new initiative, check out The National Public Toilet Map.

This provides a mapping tool to identify the location of our public amenities, the services available, and times of opening.

Read more about the Bins4Blokes campaign.

Subscribe to SCN’s free daily news email

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This field is hidden when viewing the form
[scn_go_back_button] Return Home
Share